Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hardwick Hunt December 11 and 12

The Hardwick Hunt went very well this year with 51 deer harvested. Like Petersham great hunting conditions pushed the numbers higher than usual. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to even get into the Hardwick zone as the Petersham hunters kept us hopping. I don't have the weights of the individual images I have but feel free to update any information in then comments at the end of the post. I've included an image and letter received from one very successful family of hunters. Thanks Chris for sharing your story

Picture from left to right: Andrea Przybyla (sister), Ted Pawlikowski (Father), Jarek Przybyla (Brother-in-Law) and I, Christoher M. Pawlikowski.

Good Morning,
Just wanted to drop a line and a couple of pictures from the Hardwick hunt of 2009.
We have been hunting Quabbin since 1998 and have taken approx. 19 deer. This year we have the best hunt ever. I shot a 155lbs. 8 pt. at 7am, my father, Ted was next with his 8pt. 135lbs. at 8:30, around 9am my brother-in-law, Jarek shot a 8pt. 136lbs. and at 12:30pm my sister Andrea finished the day with a 110lbs. spikehorn. What a great day. The following day we finished the Quabbin hunt with my cousin Dan harvesting a 112lbs. doe and I finished my season with a 101lb. 4pt. 
I'd like to extend our gratitude to those who make these hunts successful. From the biologists, managers, wardens, rangers, to the DCR workers that make sure everybody is safe. They're friendly and familiar faces always there trying to help if there's every a problem. (Trust me, we've had one swimmer)
While we as hunters only see the end product, it has always been like a second "Opening Day" for this family of hunters and we know that it's not just a two day hunt that takes a month to plan.

Thank you and Seasons Greetings.

Sincerely,

Christopher M. Pawlikowski
Chicopee Ma.




Brian Kubaska Ipswich Ma 8 Pointer



Connor Maloney Springfield Ma


Thomas Motyka Ware Ma 8 pointer
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]






3 comments:

  1. Hi, Just a little note about the father and son buck on the bottom of the page shot in Hardwick. The father, Thomas Motyka, who shot the buck and his son Thomas Motyka who dragged out the deer. Our group gets deer every year when we are drawn.. This buck was 167lb, 8pt. Thanks for another great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the clarification, Nice deer and great family story. DHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Island Plantation offers hunting for whitetail deer on 4000 acres of Prime Hunting Terrain.Its Is one of the best Place for Hunting ,Island guides scout the local woodlands to locate well-traveled deer trails and place climbing stands at these various deep wood locations. South Carolina hunting

    ReplyDelete